Saturday, November 1, 2014

15 Types of Asian Guys

If you have ever read my earlier posts, you might've noticed the anger and tension in my words. However, whether you are an old or new reader, today's post will be somewhat light-hearted!

Have you ever heard the stereotype "all Asians are the same"? Well, mister or miss reader, I am sorry to say that that is quite false. 

Allow me to show you a video titled "15 Types of Asian Guys"


You, reader, must be wondering why I decided to show you this video today. Well ... I'll tell you. 

Earlier this week my friend Bella (same friend from my second blog post; feel free to read it if you haven't) had told me how she wanted to set me up with this guy in her writing class named .. er .. let's call him Joe. I had politely declined and added that he probably wasn't my type and she laughed and said "but aren't all Asian guys the same?"

Oh, dear naive Bella ... 

Anyway, I just wanted to show you all this funny video I found on the internet. It's quite hilarious if you ask me (and true, no doubt). But it also made me think: why do people think all Asians are the same anyway? Is it because we're all the same race people just assume we're all the same? 

Sadly, I do not have the exact answer. I hope to find out one day.

I hope you all enjoyed the video! I've run out of anger this week which is a surprise because I'm usually angry all the time .. 

Also, if you enjoyed the video below is a video about Asian stereotypes. 



Have a great Halloweekend! :)


2 comments:

  1. Interesting -- Hollywood has a lot to answer for in terms of stereotypes. What about AMericans - haw does the rest of the world pigeon-hole us? I shudder to think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason the videos won't work in my browser :( which is disappointing because this is a great topic. I enjoy your blog very much, so much I went back and read all the entries. You have a great voice with enough sense of humor to make it a fun read and a great passion and sensitivity to the topic. I look forward to reading more, I don't think about prejudice often but it's an important topic.

    ReplyDelete